Future Founders Bootcamps Video
This video featuring Isaac Jeffries, Lead Facilitator of the Future Founders Bootcamps and Kennie Kurniawan, the Program Coordinator for StartSpace talk about the bootcamps including who it's aimed at, what to expect and how to apply.
Here we have provided an example of the schedule for the 2022 Bootcamps that occurred in February and March 2022. This is designed to give you an idea of the focus of each day, the time commitments and structure for each cohort.
Day 1: Friday, 2.45pm-5.30pm (in-person, State Library Victoria)
Welcome, icebreakers, induction & networking with refreshments. You will get to meet Lead Facilitator Isaac Jeffries and the rest of the bootcamp cohort.
Day 2: Saturday, 9.00am-5.00pm (online)
Goal setting, Lean Startup Methodology, Business Model Canvas, Customer Development, Customer Discovery task.
Day 3: Sunday, Day off
Day 4: Monday, 9.00am-12.45pm (online)
Customer Discovery task follow-up
Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and market fit.
Day 5: Tuesday, 9.00am-12.00pm (online)
Marketing basics for business.
Day 6: Wednesday, 12.00pm-6.00pm (online)
Startup ecosystem fireside chat - where you will hear from a panel of experienced founders and leaders in the startup industry, with an opportunity to ask questions.
Day 7: Thursday, 9.00am-1.15pm (online)
Finance, legal and funding.
Day 8: Friday, 9.00am-11.30am (online)
Pitch 101 with special guest pitches - where you will hear other people pitch their business and be able to pick up on some tips of what works well.
Day 9: Saturday, 9.00am-5.00pm (online)
Team development, one-on-one feedback sessions on your business progress.
Day 10: Sunday, Day off
Prepare your business pitch.
Day 11: Monday, 1.00pm-5.00pm (online)
Presentation practice and feedback.
Day 12: Tuesday, 5.00pm-8.30pm (in-person, State Library Victoria)
Pitch presentations, networking & celebrations.
Bootcamp Application criteria
The bootcamps welcome international students, each for intense learning to progress your business idea.
To join the bootcamp program, the applicant must satisfy ALL of the criteria below:
- You are a current or former International Student of a Victorian education institution. For former students, no more than 5 years post-graduation at the time of application.
- You possess a valid Australian Visa (Student Visa or any Temporary Visa) that enables staying in Australia for the entirety of the program.
- You are currently residing in Victoria.
- You lead a New or Early Stage startup or businesses.
- You are committed to developing your business idea and are available to participate for the dates of one of the bootcamp cohorts.
- You submit your application before the closing date - 11.59pm, Sunday 16 January 2022 for cohort 1 and before 11.59pm, Sunday 30 January 2022 for cohort 2.
The Application process and timelines - what to expect
Your application should be submitted through our application webform and should contain:
- A short summary of your project or idea
- A short summary of what makes your business idea unique or different to existing businesses
- A succinct pitch proposal about your business or business idea in one of the following formats:
- A PDF of no more than 10 slides shared via Google Drive link OR
- A max. 5-minute video (hosted on YouTube or Vimeo)
Once applications are closed, the Selection Panel will review the submissions and you will be contacted in advance of the Bootcamp starting to hear if your application has been successful. Any applications where all of the eligibility criteria is not met will be excluded.
Please note, the application confirmation decisions made by the Selection Panel are final. Click here for more information on the eligibility and selection criteria.
Please note that all attendees will be expected to comply with the Code of conduct.
Sign up for future updates on the program.
Facilitators and speakers
Find out more about the key bootcamps facilitator, Isaac Jefferies and the many speakers, mentors and coaches that led the bootcamps in February and March 2022.
Sign up to get future updates on the program.
Don't miss this opportunity to take your business idea to the next level. Here are some of the highlights of the bootcamp program.
Brought to you by
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we try to answer some of the most common questions.