Welcome to Future FoundersBootcamps
Applications are open for the Future Founders Bootcamps, designed for current and former international students and graduates (up to 5 years post-graduation) who are ready to commit to developing a business idea.
Presented by Study Melbourne and StartSpace, the Bootcamps are run in-person at State Library Victoria over two-week programs from 10 September to 21 September and 24 September to 5 October, offering 2 cohorts of students intensive and reflective learning, aimed at helping you solidify the business plan and model of your new venture.
It will test participants and teach skills at a rapid pace, where you can make a lot of progress in a short space of time.
Whether you have put together a pitch for a new venture before or are completely new on your first business journey, if you are ready to take the next step towards becoming a founder the Bootcamps offer the opportunity to accelerate your path. Keep scrolling for more information about the Bootcamps.
Don't miss this opportunity to take your business idea to the next level. Here are some of the highlights of the Bootcamp program.
Bootcamp Application criteria
The Bootcamps will welcome 2 cohorts of international students, each for 2 weeks of intense learning to progress your business idea. Applications are necessary as there are limited places in each cohort.
To join the Bootcamp program, the applicant must satisfy ALL of the criteria below:
- You are a current or former International Student of a Victorian education institution. For former students, no more than 5 years post-graduation at the time of application.
- You possess a valid Australian Visa (Student Visa or any Temporary Visa) that enables staying in Australia for the entirety of the program.
- You are currently residing in Victoria.
- You lead a New or Early Stage startup or businesses.
- You are committed to developing your business idea and able to participate in-person for the Bootcamp.
- You submit your application by 11:59 PM on the 22 August 2021.
The Application process and timelines - what to expect
Your application should be submitted through our application webform and must contain:
- A short summary of your project or idea
- A short summary of what makes your business idea unique or different to existing businesses
- A succinct pitch proposal about your business or business idea in one of the following formats:
- A PDF of no more than 10 slides shared via Google Drive link OR
- A max. 5-minute video (hosted on YouTube or Vimeo)
Once applications are closed, the Selection Panel will review the submissions and you will be contacted by no later than Monday 6 September to hear if your application has been successful. Any applications where all of the eligibility criteria is not met will be excluded.
Please note, the application confirmation decisions made by the Selection Panel are final. Click here for more information on the eligibility and selection criteria.
Please note that all attendees will be expected to comply with the Code of conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we try to answer some of the most common questions.